From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:45:54 -0700
[2-part post combined.  BIG]
This post is dedicated to trying to clear up some misinformation and
confused issues that have been brought to our attention on several
fronts.  We will only post like this once as it takes vital time, energy,
and resources away from our main focus, which is the ferrets..  I have
always stated that I will freely answer any direct questions via e-mail
or phone.  I believe that to be a much more mature and direct way to
gather information than playing the virtual grape vine game which always
causes confusion and inaccurate information to be spread.

The current condition of these ferrets has come in to question.  At no
time have we denied access to the shelter by anyone during this rescue.
We will remain to have an open door for those wanting to come see the
ferrets and help clean.  I suggest you make that attempt if you are
indeed, concerned.  I say this because once you have seen the ferrets,
you will agree that they are very comfortable, clean, safe, and happy.
We have 20 cages (unlike some recent rumors of far less) that house the
ferrets.  The cages are cleaned twice a day and bedding replaced as it
is soiled.  Water and food bowels are full.  Of course, we still have
ferrets that insist on sleeping in the litter pans: yet we all have these
same ferrets in our homes don't we?

None of these ferrets are lacking or being refused medical treatment.
It is our lack of updates lately that would prevent anyone else knowing
that- but please know it is true.  Instead of posting updates, we have
been busy fielding e-mails and phone calls attacking this rescue and have
been busy with damage control.  So, again these ferrets are not missing
any needed medical attention.  Yes, the pleas for donations and support
for the vet bills will continue to ring- not because we are dirt poor and
ferrets are suffering, but because vet care is expensive, ESPECIALLY for
100+ ferrets!!  We will be more diligent about updates and hopefully,
from that, you will see our point.

The ferrets, overall have begun to learn how to play with humans without
the nips and bites.  Yes, we still have some heavy nippers and one biter.
No- we are not shipping these biters off as suggested by some.  Our worst
biter went to a PERFECT home of one of our very great members/volunteers
whom I have known personally for many years.  She is a fabulous ferret
mom with more patience and love than most people I know.  Our other
nippers and one biter will remain here until "rehabbed" or until someone
we know and trust just as much wants to give them a home.

As for the legal issues.  In my very first posts I told everyone that we
were in this situation as the third party.  It was our solo purpose to
get these ferrets out.  We were given information by a trusted source and
had no reason to question it.  I also stated in those posts that we would
not be the ones pressing charges as again, we were not involved with the
situation in the very beginning- no one on this board was.  Yes, Marie
is still working with authorities and has never stopped.  Jennifer has
very close friends on this and several public boards.  Posting here, in
public, what Marie is doing next and her intentions is a ridiculous
request.  No, we are not covering for Jennifer and yes we would like to
see her prosecuted and be given medical help for her condition (hoarding
IS a mental illness)- yet I think of Old Man and I am very glad we did
NOT wait any longer behind red tape and paperwork.  Old Man died with us
after 24 hours of pure love and attention.  He dooked before he died and
THAT make us not regret our going in when we did!!

As for those rallying against this cause for various reasons: no one
involved in this rescue, including me, gives two cents about a popularity
contest.  As a group, we have made the decisions we have made and will
stick to them.  Please realize folks that nothing you do in life will
ever make EVERYONE happy, we tried that the first few days of this
rescue, and failed miserably and lost a lot of sleep.  We ask that you
respect those decisions and those of you that are involved for the love
of ferrets will be involved.  Those of you seeking other things and
having other agendas are not needed nor will you be acknowledged.

I have received only 2 e-mails from folks asking for details.  Everyone
else out there is going on hearsay and he said she said.  If you care for
these ferrets, please stop this way of information gathering.  Yes, I
work a full time job and can not take your calls during the day.  However
I will return your call if a message is left and will even sooner return
an e-mail.  We have nothing to hide and no regrets and will welcome with
open arms anyone wanting to come scoop poop.  If you have questions- ASK-
not just anyone, but me and if not me- than someone who is actually
involved in this rescue.  Someone who has actually donated time, sweat
and energy to the cause and knows, first hand, what is happening.  Be
responsible and think of the ferrets first.  Do not pass along
information that has not been verified by someone involved, that only
causes resources and energies to be pulled.  All we ask is to be asked.

It is all for and has always been for the ferrets..  pure and simple.

With respect and regards,

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization