From:
Trish Bartolovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:38:27 -0700
We will miss baby very much, our house seems somehow empty without her.

The top door, spring closure cages are indeed a danger.  I would have never
thought in a million years that leaving my dear baby in her cage while
going to work could have resulted in her being strangled by the cage
between the lid and the side.

The springs on the cage allowed her to use her head to push them up enough
to get her head between the top and the sides, the springs however wouldn't
move further and so she couldn't slip further out of the cage, and she
wasn't able to use her back to push the cage up and move her head back out
so got trapped, and strangled to death.

We beg anyone who may have a simalar cage to get rid of it or find a way to
make it ferret safe, perhaps by cable tying the lid to the sides in several
places, Cable ties can be broken when cleaning time comes and replaced
easy.  Your ferrets life can never be replaced.  or a heavy unmoveable
object on the top so that can't push up on the cage lid...