From:
"Benson, Deborah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 09:41:29 -0400
As you know, Sunday, May 23 was to have been the date of the third
annual Ferret Bowl for Ferrets Unlimited Rescue Services.

We received word yesterday that the roof of the shopping center in
which Meszar's Lanes is located suffered a major leak a few days ago,
and Meszar's Lanes sustained heavy damages. All of their lanes have
been ruined, and several adjacent businesses also suffered serious
damage. Meszar's is out of commission, and the Meszars, who have
operated these lanes for decades (Meszar's Lanes is an institution
in the Old Brooklyn neighborhood) are - at least for the foreseeable
future - without income.

So, Ferret Bowl 2010 has been postponed until a later date. The Meszars
will know within a few weeks how long it will take to repair the
damage. They have promised us first choice of dates for a rescheduled
bowling fundraiser.

Ferret Bowl is one of our major, major fundraisers, and the loss of
this event comes at a time when we are getting swamped with surrender
requests. Additionally, all of our kids must now have rabies
vaccinations to comply with local Board of Health regulations. Dr.
Krupka of Avon Lake Animal Clinic will be doing this for us, but as
you can imagine, the cost of vaccinating 40 ferrets at once will be
considerable.

We WILL have a Ferret Bowl this year! And, we'll let you know of a
rescheduled date as soon as can.

In the meantime, we are asking for your continued support to help us
continue to rescue, rehabilitate, and adopt the companion ferrets that
come to us.

Also, we ask that you keep the Meszars in your thoughts. They have done
so much for us, way above and beyond making their facility available to
us. They are wonderful folks, and the lanes have not only been their
livelihood, but their lives.

Thanks,

Deb Daugherty Benson
President
Ferrets Unlimited Rescue Services

"When you look for good in others, you discover the best in yourself."
-- Martin Walsh