From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:36:45 -0500
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Confession of an Infidel

ever been to any other shows???  They are all very similar-- ferrets kept in
small cages / carriers... serving several purposes-- not allowing them
exposure through handling to ECE or other illness, also deterring nip
incidences...

I agree it seems not the fairest for the animal confining it for 6 hours or
so, but hey-- most ferrets sleep during the day any way.  I feel that you
are pointing fingers in the WRONG direction -- you need to address those who
set up the judging standards AFA- LIFE etc.  perhaps instead of picking on
the host of the show, you can more effectively deal with this area of show
standards and presentation with the folks who design the juding standards
and protocol.

Heyt  I may be in left field, but it's another thought!!!

The reality is whether showing, cats, dogs, ferrets, it is seemingly slef
serving for the owners of the animals-- but there are some other aspects of
it-- apparently they eluded you!

Alicia