From:
daoine o' aka the ferret queen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:29:38 -0700
hi all, here's the latest and hopefully happiest email. hoping
everything continues to look up from here:

it's been a loooooooong day for all of us, to be sure...
we took pixie in at 7:30, surgery was at 9, and they called us to
pick her up at 3:30. she is here at home resting in her carrier with
a heating pad to lay near as wanted, and just recovering from the
anaesthesia....she's dozing, drinking, eating baby food, and
pooing/peeing. ;) we're having to keep an eye on her to make sure
she's 'clean' after the latter two. ;)

they ended up having to take off nearly the entire leg, she has only
about the upper thigh left, sad to say. about 1/2 her tail was taken as
well. her front foot is doing okay, they debrided some of the dead skin
on the toes and hopefully that foot will continue to heal and improve.
she's on pain meds/anti-inflammatories for the next few days and
antibiotics for the next 10 days. barring any complications/fussing
with the sutures, we take her in for a recheck in a week, and the back
in another week for the sutures to be removed. she's a lucky little
weasel and all the staff there just love her. she had/has a lot of
people looking out for her. :)

hopefully that's all from me on this! again i want to thank everyone so
much for all their good wishes, support, and positive energy. :)

give all your furbabies extra love and attention...they're so precious.

~sherrie (aka daoine o') and the pixie-doodle, newly-christened
princess tripod ;)