From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:46:48 EST
Hello

Lisa Groggins asked about a prescription for Lupron and mentioned her
vet's mark up.  I don't know about other states, however, here in New
York State it is illegal for a vet to deny any prescription and to demand
you buy it from their office.  You might want to look into that aspect.
I don't have a problem with prescriptions for my ferrets however, I use
another vet for my GSD, who has been diagnosed with auto-immune
thyroiditis.  She is on meds for the rest of her life.  When I complained
to my vet that her meds were expensive ($65.00 for a 30 day supply) and
that I could buy them elsewhere much cheaper, ($99.00 for 1000 tabs), my
vet gave me the script with the note that it's illegal for them not to
give it to me.

Barb and the 6 whirling dervishes...Gus, Hope, Bren, Kate, Cher and Tess

Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own.  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom