From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:55:46 +0100
>Help!  my ferret's in heat!  i need to know if you can get a ferret fixed
>once their in heat.  if not, then i need to right away find a whole male
>ferret in Michigan.

TAKE YOUR GIRL TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY!!  Unfortunately when you got your
ferret you weren't educated that your girl needed to be fixed or at least
bred at her first heat.  This is a very serious problem since your girl has
hemorrhage and die from this.  I have a friend who had gotten two baby girls
and wasn't told she had to get them fixed.  By their third day in heat they
were taken to the vet where they unfortunately couldn't be saved; one died
during surgery and the other had to be put down.  She of course was
devastated.  I hope this doesn't happed to you.  Please make sure to inform
the person from who you received your ferret that they must tell buyers
about this when they get an unfixed female.

Anissa