From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:03:00 -0700
Know what I've been doing lately?  I've been very bad.  I've been playing
with a little girl named Pebbles.  Why is this bad?  Well, Pebbles
crossed over a couple of weeks ago and instead of sharing her with the
other weangels, I stole her away all for myself.  I'm a ferret after all.
And I couldn't resist!  Well, her old pal Snoopy, found me and tapping
his paw set me straight.  Sigh.  So I can't keep little Pebbles all to
myself anymore.

Let me go back and tell you about the day she arrived at the bridge.  She
came in with a sudden burst.  I hardly had time to get up to the bridge
to greet her in the first place.  The light at the other end literally
exploded and she shot forth dancing on her teensy, tiny toes.  I felt so
bad for her because she was utterly shocked once she noticed where she
was.  Relieved, but shocked.  Gone was the pain, but here was the sorrow.
She just couldn't believe she was here and that her mommy and home were
beyond her reach.  That's when I decided to make it my soul purpose to
make her understand that her mommy and friends were not out of reach.

With a wing wrapped around her shoulders, we walked past the heather and
through a gorgeous meadow of daisies.  Every time she tried to look back,
I took the other wing and turned her cheek foward.  I whispered to her
about how time works here.  Time feels like an instant here compared to
Earth.  I explained that her mommy and friends would soon be here to
cuddle her once again and that they would go onto an even better place.
In the mean time, I showed her the sites.  But most important, I showed
her how to feel her mommy again.  Once she figured out how to use her
new wings, we sailed up to the highest clouds.  And I told her that she
should sniff the air and feel the wind.  I told her that it was like her
mommies breath.  If she ever wants to feel her mommy's breath, she should
just put her nose to the breeze.  Next, I took her to another cloud to
show her how to put her ears up to them so that she could hear her
mommie's voice echo.  Then I showed her the reflecting pond.

She can see her loved ones any time she wishes.  And lastly, I showed her
a little trick.  How to visit her mommy.  Pebbles is part of everything
now ... and she can be felt in the tickle on your cheek as you sleep,
seen in dreams, and her spirit felt in the sparkle of the starlit sky.

She adusted slowly but surely.  When she was settled in, we found Snoopy
chasing some bees.  Snoopy showed her a snuggy hammock that was his to
share.  And he took her on a little field trip that day.  They went to an
Easter egg hunt!  Some of the best eggs were crocheted eggs.  And you get
to keep the ones that you find.  All day they hunted.  You should have
seen the loot Pebbles came home with.  She is set on visiting the hunt
daily.  And I was bent on helping her.  Well, we soon found other things
in common.  And I've been very selfish keeping her for myself.  Snoopy
found out, and set me straight though.  So as of today, Pebbles is
friends with everybody up here.

Sandee