From:
william jameson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 1995 09:06:01 -0500
Greetings,

My ferret Oliver had the green virus back in Janyary and February.  Or at
least we think she did, the vet had no idea what was wrong, so we are assuming
it was for safety's sake.  After reading about it on the FAQ we were quite
sure that's what she had.

Anyway, my question is about humans passing on the virus after their ferret
is over it.  I know that Oliver is a carrier for life and should stay away
from other ferrets.  What about me?  Can I pet or handle a ferret and pass
on the virus now that it seems to have gone dormant in my ferret?  So far I
have warned people about my contact with the virus when I see them with
their ferrets.  Should I just not be touching their ferrets, or am I being
overly parinoid?

Thanks in advance for your answers.  I would hate to give the greenies to
anyone.

Michelle and
Oliver "Hey, Mom, how come all the other ferrets can't come over and play?"