From:
Patti Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 00:30:28 -0900

>Oska (Ferret) has started to act really funny, he has started to just
>lick me everywhere as I soon as pick him up, arms, wrists, legs,
>chest, face you name it. This is annoying in itself but he has now
>started to bite and attack me as well.

I believe Oska is attempting to groom you as a message that there is
something wrong with him. He figures if he grooms you, you'll do the
same and then maybe you'll fix what's wrong. If you take him to the vet
and ask for a thorough physical you may find Oska is in pain because of
something: bad tooth, something in the eye, cancer inside, a splinter
somewhere - who knows. Every one of my ferrets that did the overly
grooming had something wrong. Freddie had a very bad tooth. The Dr. was
able to fix it with a good tooth scrapping and then antibiotics. Ginger
had cancer - she never bit me hard but she did do the nipping grooming
and I got the message. There was an air of desperation that got my
attention because some of them do the grooming all the time just
lovingly.

Whatever it is Oska is trying very hard to communicate with you.

Patti

"If there are no ferrets in heaven, then when I die I want to go where
they went". Will Rogers sort of

Patti Higgins
www.keytoalaska.com
907-360-2561