From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 01:34:47 -0600
Oops!

When reading the post in the FML, I immediately noticed an editing
mistake that slipped my attention.  I originally listed four
domestication experts, but decided to limit it to the two who have
published easily obtained books on the topic, Clutton-Brock and Mason.
The mistake is that Clutton-Brock's first name is Juliet, NOT Caroline.
When I cliped Caroline Grigson's name from the sentence, I somehow
removed "Grigson, Juliet" without noticing the error.

For those who care, the text should read as follows:

There is currently no one of note who publishes on ferret domestication.
MOST articles on ferret domestion are unsupported, speculative and
erroneous, or are terribly outdated.  For example, ANYTHING that suggests
ferrets were domesticated in Egypt has little or no real value on the
subject.  Juliet Clutton-Brock and Ian Mason are both experts on
generalized animal domestication, but neither has published extensive
reviews of ferret domestication (although their limited reviews are
pretty good).  My apologies for the mistake and for any resulting
confusion.

Bob C