Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:18:02 -0400
Some people may already know this so sorry if this is redundant.  I
want people to know that if they are giving their ferret Carafate and
another medicine that they cannot be given at the same time.  Ideally
you should wait 20 minutes after giving the carafate before giving them
any medicine.  My routine consist of Carafate wait 20 minutes, baby food,
then prednisone.  Giving the Carafate and another medicine causes the
Carafate to prevent the other medicine from being absorbed by coating
the stomach.

I am not a vet, but I play one on TV... any questions please check with
your vet.

Lisa & her 24 paws