Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 23:50:12 -0600
Well hello again to all of you.  It has been awhile since I have posted or
read many FML's in great detail to due the end of school.  Now with some
more free time, and due to a sickness, I thought I would post with some
questions (about the sickness) and some responses to the most recent FML.
So please forgive me if it is a long post.

First the sickness: Hobbes (my little fuzzy) has been sneezing/hacking a lot
lately.  Finally, after weeks of trying to fix on our own and a ten minute
session of hacking Kelly took him to the vet.  The vet found a normal temp
and lung/breathing sounds, but said Hobbes was dehydrated.  She thinks he
may have some intestinal blockage or gastrointestinal problem which may have
caused the dehydration.  She gave him an IV and some anti-biotics
(amoxicillian (sp?)), and told us to give him a teaspoon of ferritone 3
times a day and make sure he eats and drinks ok.  If he isn't better (or
heaven forbid gets worse) by Saturday we go back in for tummy x-rays.  If
any of you have had a similar problem/experience I would appreciate any
advice.  The best way I can describe his problem is the hacking sound he
makes.  Tried hairball treatment, but doesn't seam to work.

I am also curious how many of you keep your fuzzies cool during summer
months?  I feel our recent "high" temps (80F+) may have contributed to his
dehydration despite our efforts to keep him cool.  He ALWAYS has fresh water
and has the option of an open air cage or the run of the house for sleeping
conditions.  Once again, any ideas/comments would be greatly appreciated
about keeping the little ones cool.

Ok, now on to the last FML:

MR.  Robert Jacobs: post the address where I can send some money to help.  I
would love to support by purchasing a bumper stickers and a t-shirt.  I
don't have much (poor college student syndrome) but I'm sure every little
bit helps.

about food for ferrets: I have never heard anything bad about giving ferts
kitten food, as a matter of fact I have heard that you shouldn't give them
generic cat food.  From what I have been told a high quality kitten food is
good for young ferrets because they need all the protein it provides.  As
they get older (around 4yrs old) you should switch them to a regular high
quality cat food.  Of course regular ferret food is almost always good, but
I have never heard anything bad about kitten food.  I may be wrong, and if
so I'm sure many other's on the list will let me know.  But I don't think
I'm too far off the mark here.

And one more time, just for good measure, I hope all went well today with
Kodo in court.  The thoughts and prayers of Kelly, Hobbes, myself, and a few
other ferret lovers out here in idaho are with you.  Good luck!  Long Live
Kodo!!!

dooks to all,
Brad, Kelly, and Hobbes (rub my head, not my tummy!)