From:
Camilla Englund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:52:18 PDT
I'm a bit behind on the FML, so this comment is to a post made a week ago...

>From:    "J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Tail Blackheads, Eggs,
<snip>
>Some ferrets enjoy eggs alot. They are a great source of high quality
>protein. They wouldn't constitute a complete diet tho. As a treat or extra
>they are great.  That being said, hard boil them.  Apparently raw eggs
>have something in them that can make a fur kid anemic.

From what I've read about it, it's the egg-white that can cause anemia when
eaten raw.  Raw eggyolk is not bad at all.  Of course if you serve the
*whole* egg it's better therefore to cook it or scramble it.

Mine seems to prefer lightly boiled (between runny and mushy) eggs, but
then I only give them the yolk...

Millan
Ozzy
Obelix