From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:22:42 EDT
 Re: MOM'S NEW COUCH- SHE NEEDS HELP!!!!!!

I had to giggle at this post.  We bought a leather sofa a few years back,
paid a bloody fortune for it, and I, too, was determined to keep them out
of it!  I succeeded in one way only...the underside.  We install hardware
cloth on the underside of all our sofas and chairs and it really works
extremely well.  It's also easy to install with a heavy duty stapler.

HOWEVER, keeping them out from the top is another question.  I, sadly,
did not succeed.  My new sofa has several holes dug between the cushions.
The only solution I've found is to completely block them off from the
living room.  I put a barrier up for that room only.  Yes, I have to
climb up and over a barrier every time but the upside of it is....it's
a great exercise to keep your range of motion for your hips and knees!
heehee

At some point, this new sofa won't be a new sofa and perhaps it might not
matter???  (uh huh...and if you believe that, I have some gorgeous ocean
front property I'll sell you real cheap....in Arizona!)

Best of luck avoiding the ferret team!

Barb and her 5 whirling dervishes...Cher, Jake, Kate, Sam and  Tess