From:
Greta Hoisington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:50:49 EDT
This summer I purchased two playpens for outdoor entertainment for my
ferrets.  These playpens had no tops, so I kept a constant eye on my
furkids while they were enjoying this new experience.

Shelley, you mentioned wondering whether or not the ferrets would dig out
underneath the playpens.  The answer is yes, they can.  I had two
instances where my little rascals managed to escape through tunnels they
had dug under the bottom playpen wires.  In the first instance I had
turned my back long enough to put an inch of water into a plastic pan
with the garden hose to help keep the ferts cool.  When I turned back
around, Eve was gone and I spotted her 60 feet away at the back of my
property playing in a lawn rubbish pile.  Later, some e-net friends
suggested I place a tarp under the playpens to avoid their digging their
way out.  This worked very well.  These little rascals of ours are like
two-year olds!  You just can't let them out of your sight when they might
be in danger.

Cordially,
Greta Hoisington