From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:04:17 -0500
Hi.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Cynthia Obrist said:
>He said to use the new spray version, two sprays per pound on the
>ferrets, one spray per pound on the cats.  He says it's much safer
>than anything being sold over the counter.  The primary ingredient is
>used for hair lice on children in Europe, and my vet said he wouldn't
>hesitate to use it on his children if they were to have lice.

Two sprays per pound in a ferret but only one spray per pound on a cat?
That means that a 3-pound ferret gets six sprays and a 3-pound cat only
gets three sprays.  Unless I'm missing something fundamental, which is
always possible, it seems that this method would either overdose the
ferret and/or not provide enough protection for the cat.

-Mark Zmyewski