From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 05:14:05 EDT
Hello Everyone...

I am sorry I have been gone these many days but when it comes to the fuzzys
I do what I gotta... and everyone and everything takes a back seat until I
can get a moment to rejoin the land of the living out there...

Where have I been??  right here!  Why haven't I been on line?  Well, that
may take a while to explain...

You see....

Mollie and Millie [the truckers girls] were set to go back to Daddy and I
was helping Foggy with his latest Olympic event when the pager went off and
the 'Dance' began again...

[Thank Heaven for all those years helping zoo vets] A box was found by the
grounds keeper and since it had something alive in it it was taken directly
to the vets area for opening and disposition..  In one of the examining
rooms the box was untaped and opened to reveal a litter of [approx.] 10 day
old kits..  the letter said the mother had died [no cause given] and the
writer didn't know what else to do [this state being what it is] so they
were leaving the babies to the zoo people to 'raise and have there at the
zoo'..  The person leaving them couldn't have known the 'disposition'
mandated here is immediate removal to a 'shelter' for PTS [put to sleep].

The tech looked up and commented 'for dead rats they sure are noisy, right
folks?' and grinned and closed the box and headed for a phone... I was
enroute in less than 15 minutes... they have been on my body in their carry
sling and been demand fed since.  They are thriving now and show no signs of
any outside infection so can go in the incubator for periods of time while I
try to catch up on the chores around here... But with them [now three weeks
old] and the other infirmary kids and the rest of the gang here I have had
little time for anything including food or sleep... There are three girls
and two boys and they are as tiny, wiggly, and sweet as they can be... Now
all I need to do is find 5 more names for new fur children... And guess who
is the 'honorary uncle'?..  you guessed it...Foggy!

I hope I may be forgiven for neglecting everyone who has been waiting for me
to reply to their messages..  I am truly sorry... I would not have done so
if there was not a need...

And it is due to the 'extras' your gifts have provided that we can look to
their having a long and happy life, every one!  The whole kit emergency set
up was only put together a few days before it was so very needed... thank
you all for the lives of these precious little babies...

When I look at the sleepy little faces with a milk bubble here and there..
I cannot find the words to tell you how grateful we are...

 dayna
 dayna frazier   102046,3162
'resident of the 'Marvellous Menagerie of Mirthful Mayhem'
             MMOMM!!!