From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:15:22 -0800
Saturday morning was like any other weekend.  I woke up at 4am, and let
the kids run around my bedroom while I got ready for work.  Before I
left, I put all the kids back in their cages and headed to work.  When I
got home, Rosie greeted me at the front door, and Buckie made a mad dash
to run outside, but luckily I caught him.  I'm thinking how on EARTH did
they get out of their cage?  I go into my bedroom, and Mojo is in Buckie,
Rosie, and Kokie's cage, and Kokie is nowhere to be found.  I ask Mike
(my 21 year old brother whos still living at home) what's going on, and
he said "I had to clean mojo's cage and my room and I let everyone else
run around.  Without my consent of course.  I spent 6 hours Looking for
Kokie...no luck, and I was really worried (of course my brother didnt
want to help, he had a more important computer game to play) I left my
bedroom door open, and went to bed, hoping that maybe he'd wake me up
in the middle of the night like he does when he's roaming my room.  My
alarm clock woke me at 4 *sigh* No Kokie, I was stressed, and I spent 20
minutes looking for him, and 5 minutes getting ready for work...I had to
go to work, but where on earth was my baby?!?!  maybe I should call in
"sick?" nahh...nobody else to come in for me...

When I got home today, still No kokie.  In the past day and a half, I
threw apart the living room, bathroom, kitchen, my room, mike's room,
then I thought that I hadn't checked my parent's room.  But he couldn't
be in there cause both doors to the room have been kept shut cause they
were out of town and nobody's allowed in there.  Well tough!  I went in
their room, and I tore apart one dresser...no luck...looked underneath
their bed...nope still no kokie.  I said to myself "Kokie's gone AWOL!"
I couln't call him because he is deaf.  Finally I pulled out the 1/2 ton
dresser (dont ask me how because I still dont know) and Loe and behold,
sleeping beauty was dozing off underneath the un-reachable dresser.  At
first glance, I started to panic because I couldn't reach him and I
couldnt tell if he was brething or not.  Finally I pulled him out, and he
just stretched his little front paws out, yawned, and stretched his butt
and back legs out and kissed my hand.  From now on, I'm dead-bolting my
bedroom door whenever I'm not home so some annoying brothers dont decide
to "let them play" while HE is in his room on the computer with the door
shut with no possible way of supervising them.

I found out that there's a small crawl space underneath the dish-washer
where Kokie had gone, went through the walls, and ended up in the
bathroom cabinet underneath the sink piping where there was a squeezable
hole.  He then proceeded into the bedroom and decided to take a nap...
thank goodness they stashed all that food in the bedroom!

-Valerie, mojo, buckie, noodles, rosie, and AWOL Kokie

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_