Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:35:34 EST
I just watched The Conan O'Brien show tonight, and Ben Stiller apologized
and said that everything he had stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
was meant in humor and not to be harmful.  He claimed he received
thousands of emails from the ferret community who were not happy with
him, and said that the emails were educational.  Then Conan brought a
ferret out and handed it to Ben Stiller and asked if he wanted to
apologize to the ferret and Ben broke out in song, "What do I have to
do, to make you love me, what do I have to do o make you care....Sorry
seems to be the hardest word." then he held the ferret up to his cheek
and then kissed him, looked at him and said "I'm sorry" almost
convincingly sincerely.

I really hope that he means his apologies and that the whole fiasco was
just his twisted sense of humor, as he does think he is funny on many
different levels.  I am just wondering more about the ferret that was
used.  The commercials look harmful to the ferret, and I am really hoping
that the ferret being smashed face first into a trash can was computer
generated.  I'd be biting people, too if I were being treated like
that!!!

Jennifer Aniston claims on the Entertainment website that the woman who
brought the ferret on set said that the ferret would never, ever bite.
I think she needs a bit of education in addition to Ms. Aniston and Mr.
Stiller.  I mean, ferrets can be trained, but they are not little stunt
animals!  They have a definite mind of their own not to mention a short
attention span....especially when something interesting is going on
around them that they want to investigate.  That's what makes them what
they are!  If you want a stunt animal, get a dog that has been in puppy
school.  I, personally, have never heard of baby ferret school!  LOL!!

Kelly White in Mass.
with Punkie, Amber, Joshie, and Scootie the ferrets
and the kitties, Natasha, T.J., Smokey, Belle and Parker
and not to forget the hubby, Tim