From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:52:08 -0500
I have been watching this situation now for a while and I'm a little
lost. First I will comment on the pictures I've seen, it seems that
this place could use a lot of cleaning up for sure, but the main thing
I see wrong is the size of housing for these animals, If I'm not
mistaken, the people who regulate ferrets would be fish and game, they
set up the size requirements for housing for both shelters and breeders
and I have news for many, their requirements have changed drastically.
Therefore, these cages would not comply with their requirements.They
are way, way off. I don't know if they may require some type of heating
for them in the winter. I don't agree with the way these are kept, you
need to get to the right people to complain, breeders have to have a
license and are regulated.

I agree, breeding places are going to be set up much differently than
many of us would like, but, they will never be the same as a shelter
and that is a simple fact, small breeders maybe, but not the larger
ones.

Has anyone contacted Fish & game regarding the conditions at this place
and the size of their cages? I may have missed it, but I didn't see
that. If you did, I would be interested in what they had to say.