From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:54:29 EST
Good Morning All,

Last October, Debi in Michigan took in over 80 ferrets which brought
up her number in her shelter to over 120. I am sure you remember
"Spookfest." This is one mom and dad team, folks.

My shelter agreed to take 12 with an additional 4 (serious biters). We
purchased 2 additional cages and with the donations and Santa gifts,
we were able to outfit these cages with bedding, bottles, and bowls.
We were ready. Then the storms moved in the early part of January,
covering the roads with ice and snow making the trip too dangerous. So
we decided to wait two weeks and meet up in St. Louis. Then Debi had a
serious seizure and now the doctor will not allow her to drive and her
husband is unable to drive the distance from their home in Michigan to
St. Louis. I am unable to leave my job for even a day without risking
loosing the income that solely supports this shelter. Joe planned his
one week vacation around the first of January to travel to Ohio then on
to Michigan and back to Mississippi but, as I said, really bad weather
prohibited the travel.

So now we are asking for your help.....

Debi's number is well over 65 ferrets and she had to turn away a ferret
seeking shelter because she just could not take in another until the 16
I am taking from her leave. With Debi's serious medical condition at
the present time and my inability to leave Mississippi has caused a
crisis and we need help. Help transporting 16 ferrets from Debi's
rescue to a place closer to Mississippi. We mapped the half-way point
outside of St. Louis and that is where we were going to meet last
Saturday, then this Saturday, now we are stuck. These ferrets are
stuck. And now a Michigan rescue is unable to take in more ferrets at
the present time and ferrets are being turned away.

Surely there is someone, anyone out there that can help.....please.

By permission from Debi Fitzgerald (her computer is down and cannot
send this post herself).

Maren Doshier
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS