Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:09:46 -0500
I wanted to thank the IFC and everyone involved in the Pitts Ferret
Symposium for a fabulous time. They keep it a class act, but fun. The
information is cutting edge and top notch. I wish I could think of
everyone to thank, but I can't. Here's a go however.

Thank you Linda for doing all the things others don't like doing but
must be done. That was quite a shot of you backing up in the liter pan.
Just as I had always pictured it. Thank you Fran for doing all the work
you did and helping Linda keep professional. You are such a pretty
lady. BIG and Helen, what can I say? Omg, never has any function run
for that many days so emaculately. All of the techy stuff, sound,
picture, computer stuff ... flawless. I was in awe. Helen, I want that
camera girl. BIG, I want that giggle to bottle and sell. Renee, I'm not
sure what it is that you do do, but you sure were busier than a hen
in a hen house. Inquiring minds would like to know what a tropical
storm is called up in Alaska other than a blizzard. Julie, awesome
fundraisers, fun tables, entertaining contests, raffles and prizes. You
are still a most bodacious blonde! Marsha you are the poster child,
the ambassador of all Ferret Symposia. Thank you for being our safety
net and for making the Symposium "home" and so loving. Ann Heil, I've
never had a chance to get to know you. I'm glad to have seen you a bit
more this time around. Hope you enjoyed seeing the "poopies" appear on
peoples plates. Brenda Johnson? A pleasure as always. The face of
shelters. The vendors were wonderful! Sharon Beardon, holy $&#!. What
can I say? Your work paid off in spades. Great sponsors. The goody
bags were the best yet in ferret history (that is in part your doing
right?). I cant' list all that you do! Dr Mitchell, wow. Thanks for
the great presentations and your knowledge. To everyone that spoke,
thank you!

Speaking of lecturers. WOW! WOOOOOOW. Omgoodgod. Dr Heller. That
lecture that included the preliminary results of the Distemper Titers
regarding vaccines was HISTORICAL. Good gosh. Dr Snell, you are so
sweet! Thank you for coming. You opened my mind up to things I've never
been open to. I will never, ever forget that video of the dobie with
that crippling disease running in the snow after acupuncture. NEVER.
Danee, I'm so sorry you were so sick. But I'm mostly sorry that
you did not come. Not cuz you're nice or anything (waving my hand
dismissively). Nope. I'm sorry for purely selfish reasons. I looked
forward to your kit and breeding lecture the most. Ah well. Barb
Carlson, your presentation was so valuable. It ended up so interesting
because the audience was so involved. On the flip side, because of us
constantly talking and asking questions, you did not get through half
of your lecture. And I noticed that it was the second half that was
so very detailed and important. I'm sorry we all missed that. David
Gaines. Wow, I learned a lot about legislation in relation to Ferrets
and their welfare! VERY useful stuff we all should know about. Jeannie,
an honor to have been with you as always! How do you never run out of
ideas with your work? Dr Karen ... you won my husbands heart. He
thought you were an absolute trip. Dr Williams ... speaking of trips.
OMG! You were hilarious. You probably would not remember but you're
little side comments sprinkled throughout the weekend, left Scott and
floored every single time. You remind me so much of my brother, its not
funny (but your hotter .. ooo, did I say that out loud?). I think my
personal favorite lecture was given by Ailigh Vanderbush. I could talk
to you for hours had I the chance.

Joel (the MC), you rock. What can I say? You made every single moment
count. Every single moment entertaining. And you kept all of us ferret
folk reeled in and that is quite feat.

I think a great highlight of the weekend, was when the Special
Achievement awards went out. The choices were brilliant! Three of the
single most humble people with the most underestimated contributions
were awarded. The IFC lassoed and pulled, no yanked, the three people
quietly lurking in the background forward to get recognized as they so
deserved to be. Congrats to Sukie, Marylou, and Sharon. The ceremony
was very special for all of us there.

Who wants to share memories??

Write on ...

Wolfy, who will be practicing peeling a banana with her butt for real.
Linda? I'll keep it formal and proffsional!!! I promise! I'll, I'll,
I'll wear a coctail dress.

Sean and Rocky,
Experience the love:
http://www.wolfysluv.com/sean.html