From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 07:57:55 -0500
We have to agree with BIG, that the most recent MF bashing is following a
set script.  We though would like to point out to everyone that the Acme
information is not very current and that PETA would like to take your
ferrets away from you.  The Adrenal problem was resolved in my mind when
Bob Church did a very good study on it with information provided by many,
many FML members.  He too was surprised by his own findings.  It is in
several pieces and can be found in the archives.

We attempted a couple of years ago to try and find out more about the MF
facility in New York.  We contacted the local newspaper and talked to a
reporter.  We hoped to get information that would get us a few names of
people that worked there, that we could interview.  They knew less about
MF than we did and there was no interest on doing a story.  We would love
for a member of the FML that lives in the area to find some of the teens
that work there and interview them.

HOW TO MAKE CHANGE!!  Is to not bash MF but rather to change the laws.  An
example would be that ferrets may not be purchased by an animal broker or
pet store that are less than 10 weeks old.  Then go on to revoke the
license of any animal broker or store that purchases any ferret younger
than 10 weeks.  On the state level, you must find member(s) of your state
legislatures that are vets, educate them about ferrets, then ask them to
submitt legislation to make it illegal to posess or own ferrets less that
10 weeks old.  Hopefully you can quietly get this passed and signed by
your governor.  You should keep what you are doing at a very low profile,
as the animal brokers, pet stores, and MF will spend a lot more than you
can to change the laws in your state.

STOP TRANSPORTATION!!  Another way is to get the federal government to
change their rules on interstate shipments of ferrets.  You can get the
appropriate agencies to make rule changes, but it will require hearings
and you better have your facts right for them to make a change.  You will
have PETA and MF there.  If you can get the changes made without public
imput and hearings, better for us.

LOCAL RULES!!  Get your local government to pass rules on ferrets.  While
this only fixes the problem in a very small area, it is a start and it
could snowball.

Anyone in Georgia that wants to pursue this please contact me and I will
give you the information on who to contact on the state level as we are
good friends to a local vet, that can give us that information.  It is
important that the state people hear from a lot of Georgia residents on
changing the laws.  The legislature starts in January!!!

Let us put our collective energy to work to make changes, instead of this
bashing which does not accomplish anything!!!

Harry C. Silvis/Zora Mae Silvis
KENNESAW GRAPHICS
3166 Cherokee Street, Ste 101
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
770.421.1415    Fax 770.421.1745
"The Biggest Little Print Shop in Kennesaw"

                        ^^^^^^^
                    ^^            ^^^

The Nine Ferrets of Kennesaw Graphics