Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:38:10 +1100
Sukie Crandall wrote:
>Ferrets don't get colds (established fact; check past vet pathology
>posts on rhinoviruses).

Is this really so?  All the information I have read indicates that colds
/can/ be caught by ferrets, but that there is a great amount of debate
over the subject.  No offence, I'm just not sure whose information I
should go with on the matter.

In any case, thank for the info.  Whatever it was, Finn was on
antibiotics given by our vet (who is very ferret-experienced, before
anybody starts freaking out) which cleared it up, so I can only assume
he knew what he was doing.  And we'll be taking Finney in for another
checkup when we take Rowdy in to get the snip, so if it is something
more sinister, I'm sure we'll find out.

>Certainly, there is also a boatload of information on ferrets who
>suffer respiratory problems due to living with tobacco or marijuana
>smoke, or both.

No danger there - we're both completely drug-free.  I mean, even to the
point of being tee-total ^^; My husband is way too susceptible to drugs
and is paranoid about his actions, I just hate the taste.  I despise
cigarettes with a passion.

>Yes, ferrets mourn, so a lot of extra loving attention is called  for.
>A lot, please.
>
>Some things take time, too.  Make sure he keeps eating.  Patiently
>finger feed him meat purees while singing to him or talking softly.

We have been very careful with that, and fortunately he /has/ been eating
well, despite his moping.  Actually, since this morning - I posted the
original message last night - he's much more like his old self, running
around like an idiot and starting playfights with his new friend.  I'm
feeling a lot better about him now, but obviously we'll keep an extra
eye on him to be sure.

To the others who responded, thankyou very much - I really appreciate
the effort.  I'll let you all know how he goes (since this morning, I
think he'll be okay).

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
http://hypercrescendo.net/foxlee/fls/
http://www.furbiddenrealms.com
http://blurty.com/users/leechimera/

"Malicious spleen robber" - ShitMangler rules! ^__^