From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:23:34 -0400
I now have five ferret urns in my bedroom.

Five times my heart has been broken in ways I never imagined possible.
I will never be the same, nor will I ever truly be over the loss of any
of them. I never dreamed I could cry so much and just miss them for
years.

I have owned ferrets or should I say they have owned me for less than
10 years. And owned me they have, heart, soul, and bank account.
Actually, make that a line of credit for I no longer have a bank
account. Not that I regret one penny of it. It was all worth it whether
I was able to save them or not. I never even once asked what anything
cost. I just did it.

I have had one, then two, then three, then five, then four, then five,
then four and now three. I have done my homework as far as food and
light etc etc etc and feel very educated. I know I have done the right
things. Many of you have helped me and consoled me when I lost one
for which I am very grateful. I have had older ones, young ones, all
rescues. I have never had one of them just die from old age.

I have had dogs and cats and many other pets in my 62 years on this
earth and some of them actually lived to be a very old age.

Why do ferrets have so many health issues? It seems almost inevitable.
You get a ferret and they are going to get something.

I would love to hear about ferrets out there that lived a very long
wonderful life. There must be some.

That all being said, would I take in another ferret? I think we all
know the answer to that question.

Inge