Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 01:41:32 -0500
Tasha my 15 month old female has been having hair in her poops for a
month or so.  She has been getting petmalt daily.  She passed a major
hairball this past Wednesday.  I have been consulting a vet the whole
time.  She did x-rays and couldn't feel a lump prior to her passing the
hairball.  Fearing a complete blockage vet did surgery this past Sat.
She couldn't find anything.  She came home Sunday and want's to run.
She is on cage rest until her stitches come out.  She doesn't realize she
had a major operation.

I have never delt with hairballs before.  I have 5 other babies.  My
vet is on vacation this week, so I can't call her.  Now finally my
question :)  Is it normal for her to be still passing small amounts of
hair?  I found some in todays potty.  She is eating and drinking good.
She even ate the ad diet with no problems.  She even likes the
amoxicilin.

They said to watch for tarry stools.  Hers are a little off color but
not tarry.  They looks sorta like petamalt color at times.  She just
went back on regular food today, so I thought it would take a few days
to return to normal.  Am I being paranoid ?  Anyone else ever have this
problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I tried the FHL and
kept getting error message.

Thanks
Eileen

http://community.webtv.net/hjdom/WelcometoHollys