From:
Stephanie Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 06:46:28 -0700
hello all you wonderful people,

i hope all your weekends were lovely.  the reason i'm writing is because
i have a story and prayer request.  know how i spent my friday night?  in
the ER of the local hospital.  i'll tell you what i did then give you an
explanation.  i sliced my wrist open with a razor blade.  now, this was
entirely an accident.

here is where the ferrets come in.  i was trying to create a ferret
litter box by cutting down the side of a regular cat litter box using a
razor.  of course, the razor slipped, and i ended up with a gaping wound
on my left wrist (and wouldn't you know it, i'm left handed).  luckily,
it wasn't on the vein, but it still scared me greatly.  and of course,
this would have to be on a day when my roommate is out of town.  so, my
neighbor kindly drove me to the ER.

then i had to wait in the ER, while bleeding and looking like a suicide
attempt gone wrong.  i never felt so self conscious.  luckily, the
medical staff believed my litter box diatribe, so i didn't have to seek
psychiatric help.  after an hour and a half of waiting, i finally got
stitched up and sent home with lots of pain and feeling completely
stupid.  man, what i go through for my babies.

here is my prayer request...just for a speedy healing of my poor wrist (i
can't even type normally).

thanks,
stephanie gilbert
FPL Moderator

Stephanie Gilbert * TriFL Events Chair/Librarian * 920B Onslow St. *
Durham, NC  27705 * home: (919) 286-5062 * work: (919) 962-1355 *
http://Kittlen.tripod.com