From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 03:12:41 GMT
Hi All,

Does anyone know of or has used anything besides Chloramphenicol for the
treatment of proliferative colitis?  My vet cannot find this particular
antibiotic.  He was told that it was responsible for causing anemia in an
extremely small amount of people, so was pulled from the market.  We can't
find it through human pharmacies or from any veterinarian suppliers.

I tried the archives and Ferretcentral, too.  No luck.  I only found the
original article stating Chloramphenicol by Dr. Adams at Ferretcentral.

If anyone knows of anything else, please email me.

Thanks in advance,
Sonya