From:
ashley reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 02:49:05 -0400
I understand that some people feel strongly towards feeding raw and
others don't necessarily feel that way. However, I don't feel that
personally bashing someone through a ferret based mailing list should
be the way to debate it. If the feelings on each side are not the same,
why not let bygones be bygones. Not everyone will switch their ferrets
to raw and not everyone will be okay with feeding their ferrets only
kibble. If the ferrets are healthy, loved and taken care of then I
don't see where the debate lies. Maybe I'm missing something, as I
don't take the time to read through the personal attacks, but it
doesn't seem like either party is arguing about the welfare of the
others ferrets.

I am not taking sides. I have no part in this debate, I'm just saying
that I don't see the point in it and I'm sure there are others that
agree. I know that feeding raw can help a ferret live a longer and
happier life, but a lot of ferrets are living a long and happy life
eating kibble. My 8 year old (possibly older), Bear, defies all odds as
in his previous home he was being fed chips, french fries, cheap cat
food and before that, who knows?? With me, he's been fed kibble and raw
and soup. He's been given mice and I've only had him since November,
but I am happy to say that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And I
know this isn't the logic behind all ferrets, but honestly, why are we
fighting. If someone was mistreating their ferrets, then yes, I'd say
there's a lot of room for debate and even possible personal attacks,
but that's not the case here.

I think everyone needs to apologize/forgive/get over this peacefully.

Ashley