From:
"DA Boom Boom Boomer! :)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 02:36:31 -0600
I think I may have 2 MF ferrets (I'm not sure), but I do know that they have
2 dots on their right ears.  Is this the MF tattoo?  They also came with a
small information pamphlet and an ad for MF products.  One of my fuzzies has
to tattoo at all.  Not that it matters, I just wanted to know.

By the way, I'm new to the list, so i'm looking forward to chatting with you
all!

and on a personal crusade note, i've made and distributed petitions to have
ferrets classifed as domestic, not exotic, in kansas.  the exotic animal
auctions here are horrible.  i went to pittsburg, and the lady at the animal
shelter had the nerve to say "ferrets should stay right where they are",
meaning no one should have them as pets and no one should do lab tests on
them.  so i say,"well, if ferrets are not to be tested on, or to be had as
pets, what in the world are we going to do with them?  they can't live in
the wild" whereas she proceeds to let her chin fall on the floor.  and i
can't believe this woman has adopted out ferrets before.  she had such a
horribly negative attitude.  i told her that if she feels so badly about
them to send them to the ferret shelter in manhatten (kansas) instead of
messing with them.  she declined my offer and I left with as many petitions
as i walked in with.

I'm happy to say that there are now 2 ferret shelters near my town
(Lawrence) and they are badly needed.  I know of humane societies that have
no idea how to take care of cats and dogs, let alone ferrets.  I'm now a
member of the shelter in manhattan and an available foster home, which is
badly needed in a big 12 college town.

any comments about personal experience with petitions are greatly
appreciated.

michelle