From:
Stephanie Mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 07:29:32 -0500
Hello all,
This is a report on Tara, the ferret that just had surgery to repair her
insides after being kicked like a football at some point in her life prior
to coming to our shelter.  She is doing GREAT!  The vet called yesterday to
ask if she was still alive and he was surprised to hear that not only is
she still alive, she is running around the living room as though nothing
happened to her.  I have to keep her confined in an area that has nothing
she can climb on, or fall off of, or otherwise jiggle her insides on.  That
means no ferret dancing either.  She hasn't eaten any fabric or bitten
since the surgery either.  Great news!  So I think this little girl is well
on her way to a brand new life.  Maybe it's time to rename her from terror
(Tara) to something else, something plucky, something strong, a fighter's
name (Rex, perhaps?).  Anyway, that's the scoop.  Thanks for the kind
thoughts and continued prayers.

Stephanie
Ferret Services of Freedom