From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:29:44 -0400
I volunteered my ferrets for a visit to vacation Bible school at my church,
thinking they probably wouldn't take me up on it.  But they did, and now
we're scheduled to make an appearance first thing Friday morning!

Now, what do I say to the kids?  I can do the scientific explanation about
what ferrets are, what they do, what other animals they're related to, how
cute and funny they are, and all that stuff.  But I want to say something
deeper about how they're part of creation, how they express God's sense of
humor by being so funny, and... Any suggestions from someone who's done
something like this before?

I never was much good with words, and I'm not very good with the religious
stuff either.  Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Nancy and critters

[Moderator's note: Well, let's get this straight.  It wasn't an apple, it
was a raisin.  And it wasn't a fig leaf, it was a wallet.  The stuff about
floods is true though -- the ferrets plugged up the drains with dirty old
socks.  Hope I helped.  BIG]