From:
Pam Pillars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2010 17:20:19 -0800
I need help. I have three ferrets (2 girls & 1 boy) and I have just
adopted another little boy. My problem is the new little boy is 5 and
has not been around another ferret since he was a baby. My three just
want to play and cuddle with the new boy. The new boy (Skittles) wants
nothing to do with the other ferrets. When ever my other male (Bear)
gets anywhere near Skittles, Skittles will attach Bear. Bear ends up
beating the heck out of Skittles and I end up grabbing one of them up
before it gets too bad. Poor Skittles already has a few battle wounds
from the fights. By no means do I put my hand in the middle of a ferret
fight. Skittles normally runs away after the attach and Bear runs after
him. That is when I grab one of them up. I feel bad for all of them,
because I know the three that I have had for a while only want to be
friends and play, but Skittles wants nothing to do with them. I have
resorted to letting Skittles out for a couple of hours to play and then
letting the other three out to play. I want them all to be able to be
out at the same time. I don't want any of them to get hurt, but I'm
also not sure if I should just let them fight to figure out who's the
dominate one. What do I do? HELP.

Wanting to live in peace with Stormy, Munchie, Bear and now Skittles.