From:
Diane Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:57:25 -0400
I saw this on the ACME message board, and the person who posted it there
asked to spread the word everywhere.  She was in her local animal shelter
and saw 2 ferrets.

Here is the actual post:
"I was just at the Humane Sociey near New London CT and they have two
ferrets there.  The cages are nasty with unwashed bedding and their furs
is so yucky feeling I can't even describe it.  I have been banned from
there by my fiance so I have to stick with the four I have.  One of them
is a very sweet female that was left because the owner moved and the other
is a frightened male who was a stray.  If anyone is looking in the area
here are two great little babies.  I only payed $30 for the ferrets I got
from there because they are so hard to place.  In fact I payed $30 for
the last two together."

I hope someone in the area can go rescue those poor guys, even if just
temporarily until a permanent home is found.  I don't know how long the
shelter will hold them or if they will euthanize them or give them to
people who don't have ferret knowledge.