From:
Angela M Preimesberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:24:03 PST
Hi Amy,

I am in the Air Force.  I have also been stationed at Fairchild AFB.  Like
any other Air Force Base, that veternarian was most likely Army, not AF.
The Air Force recognizes the ferret as a domestic animal, while the Army
does not.  Ferrets are unwelcome on Army posts.  I'm stationed on an Army
post in VA.  The vet here refuses to even give my ferrets a rabies shot.
This tends to cause a lot of problems with Air Force personnel who are not
stationed close to a ferret-wise vet.  Maybe in the future, the regulations
will be changed.  Then we will work on the ignorance.

Angela

Gumbi, Duncan, Be Be, Cee Cee