Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:00:44 +0000
Hello Everyone. We have a program that we have connected to our
walkathon that may be useful as a fundraising idea for other shelters:

"The Greater Chicago Ferret Association's (GCFA) Keep Them Home Program
provides temporary food assistance for those ferret families who may be
out of work or have fallen on hard times due to a death, or medical
issues. When "Ferrents" bring their ferrets to the shelter because they
can't afford the food--let's do what we can to Keep Them Home."

To launch this program, we are connecting the 2010 Footwork For Ferrets
Walkathon on September 11th to the Keep Them Home Program.

Our Walkathon is 5K and, for every K a walker walks, we have a sponsor
who is donating 1/2 lb of food. Their logo is on the Walkathon pledge
sheets as a sponsor and appears in our newsletter, on our website, and
will be publicized in the media when announcing our Walkathon event.

Kim Crivello
Shelter Management Team

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful concerned citizens can
change the world. In fact its the only thing that ever has. -
Margaret Mead

Visit my Ferrent's Forum: http://ferrents.proboards.com/index.cgi

Wherever a man turns he can find someone who needs him.
~Albert Schweitzer