Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 23:53:14 -0500
Hi.  This is my first post to the fml and I am writing for a friend who
recently lost a 4 1/2 year old, female silver mitt.  I told her I would ask
the fml readers for some answers as to why her Ashley passed over to Rainbow
Bridge.

Past History:
Two years ago, Ashley developed vomiting and green diarrhea.  She had
already been ECE exposed.  She stopped eating and developed bleeding ulcers
and had a blood transfusion.  Shortly after, she suffered a stroke.  She did
make a full recover from this.  Also, Ashley constantly had sinus
infections.

Present:
On Wednesday, Ashley had a temperature of 103..5 and diarrhea with a little
vomiting.  By Friday, her temp.  was up to 104.8 but the diarrhea and
vomiting had stopped.  On Saturday, her fever was up to 106.1.  The vet gave
her and Clava-mox injection and a steroid injection.  On Sunday, she started
vomiting blood and by nightfall she stopped urinating, and had a little
black diarrhea.  On Monday morning the vet found a painful belly and
performed exploratory surgery.  He found that 75% of the intestines had
ruptured and that there was a pus mass imbedded in fat tissue in the ovarian
cavity.  Because of the pain, Ashley was put to sleep.

There was no biopsy performed and my friend does not understand what might
had caused the intestines to rupture of what this pus was caused from that
was found in the ovarian cavity.  If someone has any ideas that might help
her deal with this I would appreciate hearing from you.  I will pass on all
suggestions, ideas or answers.  Thank you.

                Lisa