From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:54:45 EST
Aside from everything else that is going on with how this movie has
portrayed ferrets.  The thing that really bothers me and I have not heard
one person address is where was the handler?  I have heard two things.
That's Ben Stiller had to have rabies shots and that the rabies shot was
really a tetanus shot.  I don't know what the reality is.  But I what
like to know why an animal was on the set without a rabies vaccination.
Why weren't the actors and actresses told how to handle the animals in
an appropriate manner?  It sounds to me like this animal was scared and
turned around and nipped.  If I was scared I would nip too!  Why wasn't
the animals safety insured also?  I have had animals of 3 different sets.
And I ALWAYS put their safety and well being first.  I have to wonder if
that was done here.

And my last thought is, Mr. Stiller should be dang grateful that his
costar was a ferret and not a pit bull.

Robin, Rosie, Petey TPO, Tonks, and Naked Noel the Christmas Ferret
and Doodlebug in heaven