From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 07:58:01 -0700
It seems that the girls think I have created a haven for them.  I'm moving
this Saturday, so they are absolutely thrilled with the boxes I put in the
living room just for them to play with.  They are so funny.  As I sat
watching each ferret come bouncing up over the top of the box, I just kept
thinking about popcorn.  : )

I'm going to be moving in with my dad for a while so I have the basement.
So far it looks like I'm only going to be able to ferret proof one room
down there.  But I may be able to do it so well that they have free run in
that room.  That would be nice!

Frumpstiggle has found a new way to amuse herself.  She comes up to me
while I'm watching tv and she'll spring up into my lap.  Just a full
fledged pounce, then she'll wardance down the couch.  This is her way of
getting me to play.  It usually works.  If that doesn't get my attention
though, she started to crawl up to my shoulder and just stare at me, her
little whiskers tickling my cheek.  Well after a while of valiently trying
to watch my show it starts to tickle so I flinch.  She makes her chuckling
noise and starts to bounce all over the couch.  I swear she is laughing at
me.

Frumpstiggle is starting to become a lap ferret.  I just wish she would
cuddle in your lap.  She absolutely loves to fall asleep in your sleeve.
She has to crawl up your shirt from the waist and crawl down your sleeve
and just leave her head sticking out.  Then she falls asleep.

I really think that my poor Minerva is retared.  With all the boxes out she
got into the one that had one of my daughters cups in it.  She hadn't
played this game for so long I forgot about it.  She puts the cup on her
head and runs full speed into the walls.  If the cup falls off, she puts it
back on and starts all over.  She was doing that for almost an hour last
night.  It must be like little kids spinning themselves until they are so
dizzy they can't stand up.

Got to get back to work....

Beth, Minerva the battering ram and Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle
in Denver, Colorado