From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:09:04 -0700
Took Mikey back to the vets today.  The swelling in his abcess on the
side of his face has gotten so bad, that it is preventing him from
opening his mouth more than 1/4 of the way.  I have been grinding the
ferret food in the osterizer (other members of the family aren't too
happy about that..oh well) and mixing it with warm water and he's been
gobbling it up (put on a little weight too) .  Dr drained a large amount
of pus (even showed me eeewwww) Plus more was drained after the needle
was taken out.  It was very thick and stringey...the culture done last
week still hasn't grown anything.  She thinks that it's a possibility
that the salivatory gland is involved (sp?)  He'll be going under the
knife tomorrow, I'm praying he'll be ok and that this'll be the LAST
of the vet visits for a while...

-valerie, jack, mikey, buckie, kokie, and rosie

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_