From:
tim fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 20:28:48 -0000
I now have to defend myself, as i have had far too many e-mails giving me a
hard time about my post on this topic.  The reason i reacted as i did was
because the image put in my mind was of a ferret bleeding profusly from a
badly cut toe, bandaged up and still bleeding.  The poor creature must have
been in agony, and this sort of needless pain upsets me.  Obviously some of
you took the oportunity to react as expected of you towards an 'outsider' ,
and i feel that this sort of zenophobia should be stamped out from a list
like this, one which should embrace ferret keepers from all over the world.
I have been deeply wounded by some of the e-mails that i recieved, and
those of you who sent them must be very bitter people.