Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:02:00 -0700
>From:    Ingrid Rhinehart <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: people who give ferret shelters a bad name...

I have nothing to hide ferret folks.  The rescue director to which Miss
Ingrid refers to is me.  I am here to set this record straight as there
has been much bashing on "the dark side" boards as well as through
emails.  This has gone on to such an extent with people that don't even
know me, that I've never seen in my life AND who have never been to my
rescue that I have decided to follow through with a libel and slander
lawsuit.  You people lurk here on the FML, then go back to your little
pooflinger friends and tear me up for no reason and I've had enough.

Now for the facts.  Ingrid did not even visit my home prior to her
leaving her ferrets with me.  Doesn't sound like a very concerned ferret
companion now does it.  Second, she signed an agreement with me stating
clearly :

a. Not all of my ferrets are vaccinated for distemper and not all
have been tested for ADV and that my ferrets were being treated for
helicobacter.

b. She was advised in a dated email PRIOR to the boarding dates that my
ferrets were being treated for stress related helicobacter and guess
what?  SHE decided to leave her ferrets with me anyway.

To make things more interesting, Ingrid mentions nothing to me until
months later that Aria is not well.  MONTHS after the ferrets were
boarded, she accuses me of returning her ferrets to her dirty, smelly and
crazy from being not let out.  All of this is a great big lie.  Now I ask
you ferret folks, if your ferrets were returned to you in poor condition,
would you waste one minute letting your boarding party know about it?  I
didn't think so.  And finally, Ingrid neglects to mention here that her
ferret was not diagnosed with anything contagious therefore Aria did not
pick up anything while being boarded with me AND my ferrets did not pick
up anything from hers.  She was not even human enough to keep me posted
about what was wrong with Aria when I showed genuine concern.  I had to
call her vet to find out for sure that her ferret had nothing contagious.
So that's it.  End of story.  Anyone that has questions for me, feel
free.  And Ingrid, you can take this back to the pooflingers too.  As
my ADV testing (that I've been accused of not doing) has progressed, all
results have turned up negative.  Additionally, I can provide references
of folks who would not leave their ferrets with anyone but me.

Thanks for your time folks.

Kim at Somethin Up My Sleeve