From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 00:02:17 -0400
Good Morning,

I am just going to vent a bit on here, I have had ferrets a long time.
I got a little girl who I adore, I wanted a playmate for her.... I
looked online and put out feelers on a bunch of Facebook sites. Had
this woman reply saying she wanted $70 for each of her ferrets. They
are around 2 years old. No if I wanted to pay that amount I could go
to the pet store and get a baby for a little bit more money. ... She
reply's for about 2 more months, finely I say ok Let me see them. They
are in such bad condition, they are dirty, really stink, their nails
are wrapped around touching the bottom of their paws. I am shocked. I
tell the man I want both and the cage, he does not argue and gives me
it all for $30. I bring them home and give them a bath, clean up their
cage and trim their nails daily, getting the quick pushed back. I made
them beds and now I have 3...

A couple of weeks ago I am on facebook just being nosey reading posts
about random things and this woman who rescues farm animals says she
has this ferret white with red eyes maybe 3 years old needs a home
immediately, she has no cage and no food. ...ok I will help.. I can
have him here my cage is 9 levels, floor to ceiling many levels and
plenty of room... I get him, he is filled with fleas and flea dirt..
ok bath time, cleaned up, fed and nails again done...

I get random comments "how are MY boys?" ... well you're a teenager and
should not have had them. I really believe that there should be an age
requirement on adopting a ferret. All 3 of my rescues have been because
a teenage girl decided they are cute for about 6 months. They are a LOT
of work, you have to play with them, let them out, clean them, clean
the cage, feed them PROPER food, make sure they always have water.
Seriously people come on.. I know not all teenage girls are not
irresponsible but they should have a list of "WHAT YOU HAVE AND NEED
TO DO BEFORE YOU BUY THIS PET" list. It makes me mad as all hack. I
love all 4 of the babies.. We let them out and play, the white one
"Blizzard" he is a very lazy and enjoys snuggling. I am glad to have
all my babies.

[DY]