From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 00:50:56 -0500
12:01AM Feb 25 1996.  Ferret Friends Disaster Response Internation status
upgraded to Disaster Response/

Ferret 1st run by Patricia Curtis in Weatherford Texas reported that the
wild fires in Texas were a mere 4 miles from her Ferret Shelter.

Currently there are 20 ferrets in residence.

Further Patricia reported that the local Greyhound Shelter had been burnt to
the ground and she is has not been able to reach to shelter personnel

We are in contact with Patricia and are keeping a close eye on the
situation.

We do believe at this time (12:44AM EST 25 Feb 1996) that Patricia and her
shelter kids will be forced to evacuate her location within the next 24
hours.

FFDRI (FL) stands ready to send emergency supplies to Texas.  However,
supplies are limited we can keep her going for 7 days.

We may need your assistance in this emergency.

Chere McCoy
Ferret Firends Disaster Response International