Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 23:12:20 -0500
Hi all,

I am writing today with some bad news.  Last night, I had to put Loki down.
He was the little guy who turned me into a ferret nut.  He was diagnosed
with cancer last March and given 2 months to live, but ahd a good 9 months
of life after that diagnosis.  Just this weekend he went from being
energetic and looking alive to being barely able to lift his head to see me
when I came into the room.  It was so depressing to see the little guy like
that.  After a couple of days he did not show any signs of improvement and
was steadily getting worse.  He didn't look like he was in any pain, but
just that his little body was running out of steam for good.  It still has
not realy sunk in yet, that he is gone.  Part of my brain is still expecting
to find him sleeping under my dresser with his favorite stuffed dinosaur.

I am very concerned about Cricket at this point, now.  She has never really
been without Loki's company since two weeks after I got her.  She also is
still having problems dealing with Zoe and Percival who I added to my fuzzy
family back in May.  I hope that she will settle in with Zoe and Percival
and start enjoying their company and not just get depressed because of Loki
being gone.

I am very upset at the moment and cannot even think about not having him
chasing me down the hall or curling up at my feet as I do the dishes.  He
started the zoo that I have, and I cannot help feeling as if an important
part of me has died with him.  He has been with me for the past 4.5 years
and I will miss him terribly.

Thanks for listening folks,

Butch
Cricket, Zoe, Percival and the Rat Pack (Belle, Illyana and Tatiana)