From:
"Larry C. Lyons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:16:31 -0400
I found this little tidbit on a blog I read from time to time:

<http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=1898> Ferrets watch Matrix:
Scientists show the movie to small mammals in a darkened room, and
noticed a difference in how groups of animals processed the visual
stimulii.  You can't make this stuff up.  "We've thought that if you've
got your eyes closed, your visual processing is pretty much at zero, and
that when you open them, you're running at 100 percent.  But this study
suggests that with your eyes closed, your visual processing is already
running at 80 percent, and that opening your eyes only adds the last 20
percent.  The big question here is what is the brain doing when it's
idling, because it's obviously doing something important?"

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=1898

Myself I figure they were plotting how to steal the remote.

Its actually a fascinating bit of research.

enjoy,

larry