From:
R Greene / A Maunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:44:23 -0700
Hi Again Fellow Ferret Fanciers!

I have a few fuzzie questions I hope some of you more experienced parents
might be able to help me with:

RE: STRONGER ODOUR AROUND HIS LITTLE PEE-PEE: While giving Oliver belly-blows
the other day (like people do to babies - blowing onto their skin making a
farty sound - sends him into a wild wardance!), I noticed a slight odour and
traced it to Ollie's lttle penis.  I had never noticed this before.  It's
not strong and he doesn't appear to be having trouble with peeing.  He's
neutered & descented and just turned a year old.  Is this just a growing-up
thing?  Or should I be concerned?  (Otherwise he's in great health.)

RE: FERRET TOOTH-BRUSHING: I posted last week about Oliver's first
experience with this and that he tolerated it well.  Second time was not so
great, although we did manage without either of us getting too stressed.
I'm sure we'll adjust.  I wonder if I'm doing it properly.  Can anyone tell
me the "right" way to brush fuzzie-teeth?

RE: INTERESTING NEW COLORATION: I'm noticing the development of pale orange
fur growing in around Oliver's chin and "cheeks".  He's a sable boy with
clear siamese-type markings - dark chocolatey front & hind quarters and a
clear dark line running down his belly.  He has a clear and full
cream-coloured mask.  His undercoat is gold-cream and his guard hairs are
chocolatey.  (I've made him sound good enough to eat - I must need a
chocolate fix!  *grin*) This orangey colour has appeared over the past month
or so.  I've never read of this before... can anyone comment on this?

Dooks, kisses & nosenibbles to all.  Healing thoughts to sick fuzzies and
their parents.

Andrea - "I'm suddenly craving a grand marnier, chocolate ice
cream and whipped cream sundae!... wonder where that idea came from?!"
Oliver - "I do NOT taste as good as I look!  Uh, while you're in the
kitchen, how's about a linetone and green bean sundae?"