From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 12:12:35 -0400
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I finally got to meet my foster child Festus, and
his shelter Mom, Patricia Curtis.  Festus is just as sweet and spoiled as I
thought he would be, all due to a wonderful lady.

Trish lives just outside the Ft. Worth/ Dallas area, but this doesn't limit
her rescue efforts to that area.  I met Sammy, a really cute silver mitt who
was found in Las Vegas.  And soon White Fang/TJ (from Calgary) will have a
great home there too.  Even though her shelter is officially "ferret" she
has quite a compliment of dogs and cats too.  Living out in the country
gives her, unfortunately, the chance to help many cats and dogs that people
have abandoned.  Inside or outside, they are all "fixed" and fed good food,
have wonderful coats and are truly loved.

I listened to her talk with interested parties about adopting a shelter kid.
She spells out all of her requirements, and she has a few.  She is very
selective about new parents and wants to make sure all her charges find the
right homes.  I was able to pass the test, and yes, I added to my crew
(trying to keep up with Bob!).  I brought home a very sweet light sable girl
named Sadie who has travelled across the state of Texas a couple of times.
Hopefully, in the future, Festus might get to come live with us too.

Trish, you are doing a wonderful job and your love and dedication are
remarkable. I am grateful there are people like you to help out the
fuzzies in their time of need.

And to all the FML'ers, she has some gorgeous ferrets up for adoption.  It
was all I could do to restrain myself to one.  They are all sweet and
loving.  So if you have room, you might want to give her a call.

Margaret Zick and the gang of 13 (14?...15?....16?....)

                    Ring the bells that still can ring.
                       Forget your perfect offering.
                      There is a crack in everything.
                       That's how the light gets in.