Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:26:46 EDT
OK - I found the following comment to Lonnie Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
unnerving - esp. from this crowd!

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: New Home Needed
>
>>Their shots aren't up to date, but that will be taken care of before I let
>>them go.  We have tried to get them to go potty in a litter box, but they
>>just won't do it.  Tally does have a problem sometimes with biting, which
>>confused us because we've handled her alot and have done the "no!" thing
>>many times.

>So basically,.  youre asking $250.00 for three unvaccinated, non litterbox
>using, biting ferrets?  What a bargain.
>
>[KE]

KE - how shallow to hide behind the "anonymous"!  She clearly states that
the vaccines will be given.  Just because they are not good at the potty
box and the one has a "biting" problem doesn't mean that they are not worth
$250 - this also comes with a cage, carriers & everything she has!  The
ferrets problems are fixable!  Maybe this perosn does not know how to teach
them to use the potty box or has the time to - she does have a baby!  Maybe
the biting problem is really a nipping problem or the ferret is biting or
nipping for something the owner doesn't understand.

She has turned to the good people of the FML for help placing her ferrets.
She could just dump them someplace, ya know.  I think it is a little harsh
to flame somebody who is looking to the list members for help.

Lets think before we flame.

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521